Bruce, Sasha and I flew to Los Angeles this morning for AASA's National Conference on Education. The rain we had today will be gone by tomorrow. Here's to sunny weather the rest of the week!
This year's conference agenda is jam packed with great speakers, though provoking breakout sessions and many great opportunities for networking and having fun. You can find an online version of the agenda here. Full information is available at the National Conference website.
For a concise wrap up of each day's events, check out Conference Daily, led by the award-winning School Administrator magazine staff.
Here's a run-down of all the advocacy-related events at conference this week. Hope to see you in LA!
- February 20
- Research Roundtable: Superintendents Salary and Benefits Study (JW Marriott)
- February 21
- School Safety (9 am, Knowledge Exchange Theatre, NCE Marketplace, Convention Center)
- Rethinking Federal Policy: School Safety/Climate (11:15 am, Convention Center, Room 308B)
- Federal Relations Luncheon (TICKETED Event, 12:15 pm, Convention Center, Room 408A)
- 2012 Superintendent Salary and Benefit Study (2:30 pm, Convention Center, 304A)
- Getting Ready for IDEA (2:30 pm, Convention Center, 304A)
- February 22
- AASA's 2013 Legislative Agenda (8:15 am, Convention Center, 304B)
- State-ing the Obvious (State and Local Leadership in Education) (8:15 am, Convention Center, 308B)
- A Digital Conversation with Mark Edwards (11 am, Convention Center, 308B)
- Behind the Numbers: AASA Advocacy Research (11 am, KET in NCE Marketplace, Convention Center)
- February 23
- Congressional Update (Appropriations, ESEA, rural, vouchers, etc) (8 am, Convention Center, 308B)
Don't forget to visit Bruce, Sasha and I at AASA Central. Located at in NCE Marketplace, it has everything you need to know about AASA. Come see the great work being done by all of AASA's departments. AASA Central will be open the following hours:
- Feb 20: 2-5 pm
- Feb 21: 8-10 am, 12-3:30 pm
- Feb 22: 9am - 1pm; 4-6 pm