Submission Information and Rules
Key Dates and Deadlines | Focus Zones | Submission Information and Rules | Proposal Submission Criteria | Proposal Review Process | 2018 Call For Proposals Main Page | 2018 Call for Proposals Online Application
2018 National Conference on Education
February 15-17, 2018
Produced by the AASA, The School Superintendents Association
- The submissions collected from this Call for Proposals will be considered for breakout sessions only.
- Breakout sessions take place on Thursday, Friday and Saturday and are 60 minutes in length.
- Presenters must be available on any day for which AASA assigns your session.
- Proposal submission does not guarantee participation in the National Conference on Education.
- Only approximately 40 submissions will be accepted.
- The National Conference on Education is a noncommercial forum. Under no circumstances may a breakout session be used as a place for direct promotion of a presenter’s product, service or monetary self-interest. Sales pitches disguised as presentations will not be considered.
- All presenters must pay conference registration fees and have a registration badge. Please explain this policy to your co-presenters. There are no presenter registration discounts available. We cannot pay an honorarium or expenses for presenting breakout sessions at the Annual Conference, but hope that the intangible benefits of being a part of our educational programming make the effort worthwhile for presenters.
- Presenters not registered by December 31, 2017 WILL NOT be listed in the program book. Any presenters registered after that date will be listed in the conference program addendum.
- Persons presenting at the conference are expected to use material and language that does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, physical ability, and/or sexual orientation.
- AASA does not pay ANY honoraria, speaker fees, or travel expenses to breakout session speakers.
- The individual submitting the abstract is considered the primary contact.
- All National Conference on Education information and correspondence will be sent via email.
- Preference will be given to the sessions that follow the NCE Focus Zones:
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Digitizing Education
- Equity & Children’s Initiatives
- Personalizing Education
- Principal Supervisor Standards
- Superintendent/School Board Relationships
- Each proposal must have an active superintendent and district school administrator as part of the panel of presenters. We are looking this year for proposals that include teams of school district personnel as part of the presentation panel.
- Breakout rooms will be equipped with an LCD projector, screen, and head table for three. Any other audiovisual equipment (i.e. audio, flipcharts, etc.,) must be requested by January 5, 2018. Internet access is not provided in breakout rooms.
- Presenters agree to abide by the terms of the copyright release in order to present at the National Conference on Education. AASA may record audio and/or video presentations and make them available to members and other professional interested in the topic.
- Presenters agree to provide contact information for ALL presenters, including, name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Presenters agree to permit AASA to provide their contact information to attendees upon request.
- Presenters understand that AASA does not provide hardcopy handouts to attendees.
- If your proposal is selected, AASA reserves the right to revise presentation titles, reassign the selected Focus Zone, and/or edit the program summary for promotional and program materials.
- AASA reserves the right to cancel a session based on noncompliance at any point. This includes, but is not limited to: failure to fully register, failure to return required documents, presenter changes, etc.
- AASA may consider a submitted proposal for other meetings and/or conferences.
For any questions regarding the Call for Proposals process, please contact: